SUPPLEMENTARY DATA to m/s "The genome of a highly social species, the honey bee Apis mellifera"
Analysis of the official gene set.
Full text dump of ORTHOLOGOUS GROUPS (14 Mb) computed for fly, mosquito, bee, ciona, fish, frog, chicken and human.
Distribution of the orthologous groups.
- List of 554 tentative gene losses in honey bee (with at least one gene in mosquito/fly and in human/chicken/fish.
- Format is the same as for the other orthologous groups: Orth_group_ID \ internal_id \ common_accession_numbers).
- 178 of these 506 human orthologs have no significant similarity in the bee genome (see best matches by tBlastN with 0.001 e-value cut-off).
- List of 399 tentative gene losses in the fly & mosquito (with least one gene in bee and any of the vertebrates).
- List of 676 tentative gene losses in the fly (with least one gene in bee and any of the vertebrates).
- List of 752 tentative gene losses in the mosquito (with least one gene in bee and any of the vertebrates).
List of 1:1 orthologs:
- 5523 A. gambiae / D. melanogaster
- 5363 A. mellifera / D. melanogaster
- 3401 H. sapiens / A. mellifera
- 3151 H. sapiens / D. melanogaster
Synteny maps of approximately conserved gene neighborhoods:
- Apis mellifera and Anopheles gambiae, having 1013 out of 6537 (15.4%) BRH in synteny.
- Apis mellifera and Drosophila melanogaster, having 750 out of 6654 (11.3%) BRH in synteny.
- Anopheles gambiae and Drosophila melanogaster, having 2083 out of 7279 (28.6%) BRH in synteny.
- 3 way synteny including 380 genes in 181 blocks
- Top 500 InterPro domains in bee, fly and man
- homo_may05-iprscan.raw (17Mb)
- bee3-iprscan.raw (6Mb)
- fly4.1-iprscan.raw (7Mb)